The other day DICE and EA finally gave us some information on future content in the form of DLC expansion packs for Star Wars: Battlefront. Posted on their website, they gave a vague insight as to what’s ahead in the coming months.
First up is the free stuff that everyone will be getting this month and also in the coming months. For the January content that all players will receive:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
February will see even more free content including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a larger multiplayer on Hoth with larger game mode support for Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Turning Point will also be made available on all maps that are already available on Walker Assault and Supremacy.
In March there will be a multiplayer map on Endor that will be added to the Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point, with an additional Tatooine Survival map.
Now onto the Season Pass details that many have been waiting for so they can decide whether or not to purchase it. The Season Pass will include more maps and modes, Heroes, weapons and much more. The names and vague details of each expansion are as follows:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
All this information sounds like it could be promising. We’ll have to wait until next month when we possibly find more detailed information about the first expansion. As of right now we just know where each one will be taking place, but not what is specifically included and if it’ll be worth the asking price.